Address: Concord, CA 94518, USA
Near Concord, California is a point-to-point trail that spans 21.9 kilometers and is an excellent place to get to know the surrounding area while exploring. It may take an average of 4 hours and 9 minutes to finish, so make sure you are well prepared for a bit of a trek, despite the fact that it is often regarded as an easy route. Because bird watching, road biking, and running are all popular activities in this area, it is likely that you will encounter other individuals who are also taking pleasure in the natural splendor. In addition, your four-legged companions are welcome to share in the excitement with you as long as they are restrained by a leash. Since the route is accessible at any time of the year, you can be sure that the scenery will be stunning whenever you choose to go. Get some fresh air and have some fun!
Things to do in Contra Costa Canal Trail
- Wear your shades to take in the scenic views of the marshlands, where you can spot some beautiful birds and if you’re lucky, a few deer! The contrast between the wetland and the surrounding hills will leave you with a lasting impression.
- Take a bike ride down Contra Costa Canal Trail; it’s perfect for both leisurely rides and exciting ones as well – that way you get to explore all 16 miles of this picturesque trail! Don’t forget to stop off at one of the many picnic spots located along the path so you can take in more breathtaking sights and reflect on nature’s beauty.
- Get your exercise by going for a run or walk along the canal trail; it’s great for a challenging workout and also to just kick back and enjoy the scenery. The trail also has plenty of places where you can take a break and rest, so there’s no rush.
- Take your four-legged friend on a great outing by walking the canal trail; dogs love the chance to stretch their legs and explore new territory! There are leash laws in place so be sure to keep your pup safe and respectful of nature at all times.
- Bring a picnic and some friends to enjoy a delicious meal while you take in the beautiful views along the trail; it’s one of the best ways to relax and have fun with everyone!
- Make sure you get your camera ready so you can capture some great pictures along the way – who wouldn’t want to remember such a beautiful location?
- Accessibility: One of the main features of the Contra Costa Canal Trail is its accessibility. The trail is open to hikers, joggers, bicyclists, and even equestrians. This makes it an ideal destination for people of all ages and abilities who are looking to get some exercise and enjoy the great outdoors.
- Scenic Views: Another highlight of the Contra Costa Canal Trail are its scenic views. The trail winds its way through several parks and natural areas, providing visitors with stunning views of the surrounding landscape. From tranquil waterways to tree-lined paths, the trail offers plenty of opportunities to take in the beauty of the Bay Area
- Variety of Terrain: The Contra Costa Canal Trail also features a variety of different terrains, from paved paths to dirt trails. This means that visitors can customize their experience to fit their personal preferences and skill levels. Whether you’re looking for a leisurely stroll or a more challenging hike, there’s a trail for you.
- Picnic Areas: Along the trail, there are several designated picnic areas where visitors can stop to rest and refuel. These areas often feature tables, benches, and other amenities, making them an ideal spot for families or groups to enjoy a meal or snack.
- Dog-Friendly: For dog owners, the Contra Costa Canal Trail is a great place to bring your furry friend. The trail is dog-friendly, meaning that visitors can bring their pets with them on their outdoor adventures.
- Safety Features: Finally, the Contra Costa Canal Trail is designed with safety in mind. There are several pedestrian crossings and traffic signals along the trail to ensure the safety of visitors, as well as ample lighting and security measures to ensure that visitors can enjoy their outdoor experience without worry.
Map From Contra Costa Canal Trail to Our Location
Concord, California is blessed with some of the area’s most incredible trails for you to enjoy with your pooch! Here’s a list of some of our favorites:
- Ohlone Trail Parking (Lime Ridge)
- Markham Nature Area
- Crystl Ranch TrailHead
- Iron Horse Trail
- Lime Ridge Open Space
- Black Diamond Hiking Trail Near Oakhurst
- Newhall Community Park
- Contra Costa Canal Trail
- Len Hester Park
All of these beautiful trails are located just a short distance from our historic location at 1045 Shary Court in Concord! Stop by for a visit anytime!